Nutritional and Hormonal Testing
Not too sure where to go next? Still not satisfied with your progress?
Then further testing may be what you need to take your health to the next step. The first thing you need to ask yourself when looking into further testing is what question am I asking and will it change the way we progress? If the information gained with testing will help to direct your treatment then it might just be the right thing for you.
Along with requesting some basic testing via your GP I also offer the following tests via a private laboratory so please get in touch if you wish to discuss anything further.
Smart DNA Test - Genetic Testing
Your genetic makeup is individual to you and nutrigenomics is the process of using genetic information to give you the best information on what you should be doing to take care of your health. You can’t change your genes but you can alter how your genes are expressed through targeted diet, lifestyle and exercise choices.
- IgG general foods - IgG (Immunoglobulin G) is a food intolerance reaction that often occurs hours or days after eating the food so it can often be hard to detect. There is also often an accumulative reaction when high amounts of a problematic food has been consumed. This test is best performed after you have eaten a wide variety of the foods that are tested. Cost $366 Click here to request a Sample Report
- IgA and IgG general foods - IgG and IgA (Immunoglobulin A) is a more comprehensive test as it is looking at both forms of food intolerance reactions. IgA is a type of reaction where the body produces IgA antibodies in response to a food intolerance reaction. These antibodies are produced when the gastrointestinal track mucous membranes become inflamed and irritated. Therefore adding the IgA test is essential for those that are suffering from gastrointestinal discomfort that may be associated to a food intolerance. Cost $466 Click here to request a Sample Report
- Comprehensive thyroid profile – Requires a serum sample that needs to be collect via a nurse at your local medical centre. This test looks at all thyroid markers and thyroid antibodies and is used to assess thyroid function. Cost $207 + the fee for blood collection. View Sample Report
- Thyroid cofactors profile - This test requires a 24 hour urine sample to be collected and looks at the thyroid hormone levels (T3 and T4 only) as well as the major cofactors - selenium, iodine and tyrosine. Cost $299 View Sample Report
DUTCH hormone testing
DUTCH stands for Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones and is a reliable way to asses adrenal and sex hormonal balance.
- D.U.T.C.H. Complete – comprehensive hormone profile $555 View Sample Report
- D.U.T.C.H. Advanced Adrenal Assessment $378 View Sample Report
- D.U.T.C.H. Hormone Metabolite Assessment $378 View Sample Report
- D.U.T.C.H. Cycle Mapping $723 View Sample Report
- D.U.T.C.H Cycle Mapping + Complete $845 View Sample Report
Nutripath Hormonal Testing
- Female 28 day cycle profile – Requires 11 saliva samples to be collected through out the month to thoroughly assess levels of estradiol, progesterone and testosterone. This test can assess for hormonal imbalance and is a good option if you suffer from PMT, PCOS, Endometriosis or fertility issues. Cost $405 View Sample Report
- Female hormone profile – Requires one saliva sample to be collected at a chosen time of the menstrual cycle and tests for levels of estrogen, DHEAs, progesterone and testosterone. Cost $312. View Sample Report
- Stress Profile extensive - This test requires 4 saliva samples to be collected over 12 hours and can tell you how your body is responding to stress and the production of the stress hormones cortisol and DHEA. The extensive test also includes secretory IgA levels, this is relevant to those experiencing fatigue and digestive symptoms. Cost $342 View Sample Report
- Stress Profile Basic - This test is the same as the extensive but did doesn't include the secretory IgA levels. Cost $179 View Sample Report
Comprehensive Stool Analysis and Digestion Testing
- Nutripath CDSA 4 - A comprehensive stool testing that looks into markers of digestion, inflammation, microbial balance and more. Includes visual detection of parasites only and requires 3 stool samples to be collected over 3 days. Cost $550 View Sample Report
- Nutripath CDSA 4+ - A comprehensive stool testing that looks into markers of digestion, inflammation, microbial balance and more. Includes PCR detection of parasites, which is more reliable than visual detection only. Cost $695 View Sample Report
- Dr's Data CSA x3 - A comprehensive stool testing that looks into markers of digestion, inflammation, microbial balance and more. Includes visual detection of parasites only and requires 3 stool samples to be collected over 3 days. Cost $550 View Sample Report
- SIBO - Test for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Cost $300 View Sample Report